Whether it’s been your New Year’s Resolution or you’re motivated by the upcoming summer season, getting in shape can be a chore. Working out may not always be easy, but using Incipio’s [Performance]® Armband for your favorite tunes can help make your fitness routine more enjoyable.
From motivators, to mile trackers, we’ve rounded up our top five favorite Fitness Apps.
5. Zombies, Run! – For those who find normal running a little lackluster, look no further than this exciting run with the undead. The app pushes you to run through the sounds of zombies hot on your heels hoping to devour you. The app even has a built-in story that helps direct your run in order to get away.
Photo credit: Zombies, Run!
4. Moves – Running from zombies isn’t necessarily everyone’s thing, and for some, a simple pedometer is enough. Moves utilizes your device’s motion sensor to keep track of just how many moves you make in a day. Get a summary update of your daily moves or a total from a given week to track your progress.
Photo credit: Moves
3. 7 Minute Workout Challenge – Usually finding the time to workout is half the battle. A fresh take on fitness training, the 7 Minute Workout Challenge gives you the tools to squeeze in a session no matter what. This app plans each of your workouts, making it ideal for those who may be a bit…lazy.
Photo credit: 7 Minute Workout Challenge
2. Pact: Earn Cash for Living Healthy – This app puts your money where your mouth is so to speak. Pact enters you into a community of fitness fans who put monetary goals on their gym and eating routines. Miss a workout? Get charged. Make a great new veggie hash? Share it with other Pact users. While it could cost you in the end, the App itself is free.
Photo credit: GymPact
1. Nike+ Running – Topping our list of best fitness apps, the Nike + Running App tracks your running habits to give you the motivation you need, whether you’re a newbie or entering your 100th marathon. We like it for its clean, bold design that’s both user-friendly and encouraging.